Gas cleaning units (desulphurazation units) are primarily used for removal of sulphur (H2S) from biogas. Sulphur in biogas causes environmental pollution and serious corrossion problems in pipe systems, heaters and gasmotors.
The H2S loaded gas is passed through a desulphurization reactor tower containing specifically formed gas cleaning mass (medium) in pellet form. This leads to a chemical reaction between the sulphur in the gas and the cleaning medium containing ironoxide; the interaction results in the chemical absorption of sulphur into the cleaning medium, ironoxide becomes ironsulphide. The controlled addition of compressed air into the crude gas causes a constant regeneration of the cleaning medium as elementary sulphur forms.
Dr. Roland Stehle
Tel. +49 7131 1589 31
Area of application
- gas purification in communal WWTPs / sewage plants
- agriculturual biogas from anaerobic industrial water treatment plants
- disposal site gases
- biogases from fermentation of waste products
Advantages in summary:
- an operationally safe and effective system proven over decades
- high cleaning performance with low operational costs
- low pressure loss is achieved by optimum pellet form
- loading of the plant with gas cleaning mass during operation
- high loading rates and fine cleaning achieved by the very effective reaction of the cleaning medium
- problem free and cost effective disposal of used medium
Gas cleaning unit for continuous operation
This gas cleaning unit type for desulphurization of gas can be delivered up to a length of 12 m and a diameter of 3.8 m. Depending on sulphur concetration and gas cleaning size the cleaning performance can add up to 132,000 Nm³/d.
Gas cleaning unit for batch processing
This gas cleaning unit type for desulphurization of gas can be delivered up to a length of 3 m and a diameter of 2.5 m. Depending on sulphur concetration and gas cleaning size the cleaning performance can add up to 2,000 Nm³/d.